Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mascara Review- L'oreal, Maybelline, Benefit, Fresh


It's very rare that I will purchase the same mascara twice. Usually, I think, "this mascara is okay, but I'm sure there's better out there." I mean, there are dozens and dozens of different mascaras to choose from...I feel like I have to try them all! L'oreal Voluminous mascara, however, is a mascara I've actually purchased a few times. I have pretty short eyelashes, and this product works wonders. It lengthens and defines and most importantly does not clump. This is the first time I've purchased the waterproof version, because I figured that since it is summer a waterproof formula would definitely come in handy. As far as it being waterproof, I give it a 7/10. It definitely doesn't run or flake, and about 70% of it stays on my lashes. The waterproof formula and the regular formula both yield impressive results in my opinion, and it is definitely worth the buy. I've tried other L'oreal mascaras, but this one is definitely my favorite.
Purchase here



The Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express mascara is great if you want natural looking eyelashes that are still defined. This was not my favorite because my eyelashes are pretty small and sparse, so I need a heavier duty mascara to get the job done. If you have longer, thicker eyelashes and just want to enhance them, I would recommend this. For my those like me who are not blessed with this trait, I would stick to a different mascara.
Purchase here



I received this as a gift from Sephora; either as a birthday present or as a reward for having a certain number of points (I don't exactly remember) so that is why it is the mini version. My first thought when I used this was, "ouch!"; I had never used a plastic-bristled brush before so I wasn't expecting the rougher, spikier feeling. So, into my drawer it went for a couple weeks, to be pulled it out again after I heard tons of positive reviews about it. I have to say, once I got used to the plastic bristles I really loved this mascara. It makes my lashes long, defined, and definitely not clumpy. It also stays on all day and doesn't smudge at all. If it weren't so pricey, I would definitely purchase this.
Purchase here (full sized)
Purchase here (mini)



I got this mini Fresh Supernova mascara as part of a set for Christmas. I definitely would not purchase it, as it is super expensive and just not worth the price. It's not a terrible product--it made my lashes longer, separated, and glossy, but it's staying power and non-smudging capabilities were merely alright. In my opinion, if I'm going to spend $25 on a mascara, it better a pretty damn good mascara... "alright" just won't suffice.
Purchase here

What are your favorite mascaras? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate