Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Golden Summer





What I used:
Urban Decay "Summer Of Love" Palette 

While this product came out in 2010, any gold + bronze-y eye shadows will work, for example this one from Ulta. The 3 bronzy-gold shadows in this palette can be utilized just like the 3 Summer Of Love shades (I didn't use the purple). 

It always amazes me how makeup can make you feel. Without it, I feel unmotivated, sleepy, and just not my best. As soon as I start putting on that layer of liquid foundation and coating my lashes in a fresh coat of mascara, I feel like I can take on the world. I know, that last sentence was both cheesy and makes me seem like a superficial bitch...but hey, as much as I'd love to say that I feel just as pretty without makeup as I do with it, I'd be lying. If you do--all power to you. I'm jealous. But for now, makeup will serve as a way for me to enhance (not cover!) my features...and here is an example of how I do just that. I have green eyes and olive skin (as you can see) and I really like the way gold eyeshadow compliments that. Adding a lighter, shimmery color to my inner corner and a darker color to the outer edges and crease of my eyes make them appear bigger, more awake, and more defined. It's a win-win-win! Also, I know my eyebrows look extremely terrifying at the moment...and I'm probably not helping by pointing them out. But just incase you worried about them, rest assured: they will be getting some TLC very soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate