Monday, August 5, 2013

How I Start The Day







I'm the type of person who likes to start the day off as healthy as possible. If I don't, I get the "well, I already started eating like crap today, so I guess it doesn't matter if I eat like crap for the rest of the day"  mindset. This leads to me feeling bloated and not very happy by the end of the night. In order for me to start my day off right, I need something easy to make. When I wake up in the morning, I want to be able to have my breakfast in 5 minutes, because if it takes too long I'll settle for something like a bagel.
This yummy breakfast was actually suggested by my sister one morning, and ever since we just cannot get enough of it.

You will need:
1/2 banana
1 cup Greek yogurt: I usually use Chobani plain nonfat, but you can use whatever you like. Fage is also one of my favorites)
Walnuts: I get mine chopped...they're called "fancy chopped walnuts" (what makes them fancy I'm not quite sure) just to make life easier, or else I have to break them apart
Agave nectar: mine is Organic Blue Agave from Trader Joe's. You could also use honey if you don't have agave, but I definitely prefer the taste of agave in this.

Although this is probably pretty obvious from the pictures, here's a how to:
Scoop Greek yogurt into bowl
Cut up banana, put ontop of yogurt
Add crushed walnuts
Drizzle on Agave nectar

And voila! This is seriously so delicious; I can't even begin to tell you. 
PS: Once I was done taking these pictures, I added more walnuts. I love the crunchiness...sometimes I even add some granola if I'm in the mood. How do you start off the day?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate