Saturday, September 21, 2013

My 5 Must-Have Makeup Products

Bobbi Brown Lipgloss
Covergirl + Olay Concealer
Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Treatment Concealer

Hi guys! 
First off, sorry for not making a blog post in quite some time...I've been adjusting to going back to school, getting a job, taking those standardized tests like the ACT/SAT that we all love so much--basically I've just been super busy and have had no time to take photos or just sit down and write. Now that I'm finally getting all settled, I'll try to blog more often because I miss it!

Now onto the point of this post: My Five Must-Have Makeup Products. If someone told me I was only allowed to own five makeup items for the rest of my life, these are the ones I would choose. I covered the basics: eyes, eyebrows, skin, lips, and dark circles. When I'm feeling lazy or am doing something quick like running to Starbucks (it's nearly that "Pumpkin Spice Latte time of year" again!) I will just throw these five things on as it takes literally five minutes, and I'm out the door without looking like a complete zombie.

L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes: As far as mascaras go, it was a toss-up between the original black tube of L'oreal and this one, but I ultimately went for this one because it's the one I currently have! I always alternate between the two because they are my favorite drug store mascaras. I especially love the brush on this one because it coats your lashes in a nice thick layer that doesn't look clumpy at all. Plus, I love the gold mirror-esque packaging.

Bobbi Brown Bright Pink 20 Lipgloss: This lipgloss is universally flattering. My sister, who has pale skin and blonde hair, has this exact product and it looks just as good on her as it does on me, and I have olive skin and brunette hair. It's the perfect consistency--it sticks onto your lips and isn't annoying and gloppy. While I'm not usually a lipgloss person because if it's one thing I hate it's my hair getting caught onto my lips, this lipgloss adds the perfect color and shine and is much quicker to apply than a lipstick.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser: While I don't necessarily have to reverse my age just yet (I'm only 17!), I love this under-eye concealer. The top is a little fluffy ball that dispenses a nice even layer of product. It covers my dark circles really well (when I stay up til 3 am watching YouTube videos & scrolling through Tumblr, it tends to show under my eyes) and it stays on all day.

Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara: I got this idea off of watching some beauty gurus on YouTube, which is to use clear mascara as an eyebrow gel. The Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is only around $5.00 and a tube of this will last much longer than the tiny tube of brow gel on those eyebrow pencil/gel duos. It also takes two seconds to comb this through my brows, and it keeps them in place for the rest of the day.

Covergirl + Olay Concealer (I'm the shade 340- Light Medium): This is my absolute favorite concealer. The fact that the concealer is combined with Olay makes it super moisterizing, and the coverage it gives is incredible. It doesn't look dry or cakey or anything like that--it just glides right on and has stayed on even when I've gone swimming in a pool! It's super inexpensive as well, especially compared to the higher-end concealers at stores like Sephora. After using this, I don't see any reason why I would spend so much on a concealer again.

Well, that wraps up my Top 5 Makeup Products...What are yours?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate