Friday, September 6, 2013

NYFW Day 1 & 2 Favorites

Cushnie et Ochs - Rodebjer - Tess Giberson - Zimmermann - Misha Nonoo
Marissa Webb - Tadashi Shoji - Tadashi Shoji - BCBG Max Azria - Organic by John Patrick
Misha Nonoo - Tanya Taylor - BCBG Max Azria - Misha Nonoo - Tanya Taylor

For self-proclaimed fashionistas like myself, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is one of the most exciting weeks of the year. Okay, so maybe the closest I will get to the runway shows in New York is through stalking instagram accounts, blogs, and style.com. But even though I can't be there in the flesh, I still get incredibly eager just to see each designer's latest collections and spot spring's upcoming trends.

Above are my personal favorites from Day 1 & 2 of New York Fashion Week. I could literally go on for days and days about each look, so instead I will just let the photographs do the talking, or else you would all be reading a short novel.

This year's fashion week definitely seems to have last year's beat already. While I swooned over collections like Elie Saab's last September, I find myself loving a whole lot more this year.

Sheer panels. Two-toned shirts. Edgy cut-outs. Pastels. Oversized vests. Natural Makeup. Plaid lace. (I think that one deserves another round of recognition...I mean, plaid lace?!) Silky trench coats. Tea length skirts. Gorgeous silk jumpsuits! Pops of color. Lots of lines. Crop tops galore. Sheer pants. Color splattered dresses.

Need I say more?
 Images taken from style.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate