Sunday, October 13, 2013

From Fancy to Funny


                                                Féline |  Ain't Laurent Without Yves  |  Célfie |  Homiés |  Céline Me Alone

One trend I can get behind: Easy, chic, designer-inspired pieces that make you laugh as well.
This year, designers such as Brian Lichtenberg, Jules Sarinana and Yves Saint Laurent have created looks for the streets that poke a bit of fun at designer merchandise. The Céline label seems to be a popular one to spoof--Lichtenberg's "Féline -Meow" & "Caniné -Ruff", as well as Sarinana's "Célfie" and Glamzelle's "Céline Me Alone" shirts are all extremely popular amongst bloggers and celebrities such as Ashley Tisdale, Zanita (of zanita), and of course, Jules (Sincerely Jules) herself.

One of Lichtenberg's most popular creations is his "Homiés" merchandise, (written in the signature Hérmes font) --ranging from t-shirts to sweatshirts and even hats and shoes. His "Homiés" creations have been sported by model Jourdan Dunn, the Kardashians, and Miley Cyrus, Nina Garcia, Elie Goulding, and Cara Delevigne, to name a few. Then there's Yves's "Ain't Laurent Without Yves" products, available in t-shirts, sweatshirts and hats. I personally have my eye on the black sweatshirt version, as long as I can get past the price tag. That's the thing about these tops--none of them are cheap. The shirts are all around $40-60 which isn't too bad (certainly not a bargain however), but the sweatshirts are around $80. Yikes. But hey, they are super trendy AND will look much better than the gray, tattered sweatshirt I'm currently sporting now. (That's me trying to convince myself I need to have one).

Other versions of the trend include What About Yves's "Hornés" Shirts (spoof of Hérmes-- with a picture of a Rhino), Lichtenberg's "Ballin Paris" apparel (spoof of Balmain Paris), as well as the brand Alex and Chloe's "Lovin Paris" (spoof of Lanvin Paris) and "Panda -Bear" (spoof of Prada). What I love most about all of these is that the fonts used are the exact same as the ones on the true designer merchandise, so the puns are all easily recognizable.

Feeling inspired, I attempted (for around 5 minutes) to come up with my own brand-name spoof, and all I could come up with was Céline on Me....as opposed to "Lean on Me"...haha...no? Okay then...before you make fun, can you do any better? Let me know in the comments!

Scoop these up here:
Alex And ChloeWhat About YvesBrian LichtenbergRevolve ClothingGlamzelle



4 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I appreciate every single one!

nRelate